- A. Position Summary:
This position shall be responsible for executing internal audit scope areas with defined requirements across all departments of PLI. This would involve travelling to PLI branches and partner locations. (Around 7 days in a month)
He/she will develop control test plan after understanding the processes and systems and execute the test plan according to internal audit standards. Shall participate in discussions with auditee and audit team. Drives closure of internal audit Management Actions Plan through appropriate follow-up and escalations.
Shall report to Head - Internal Audit.
- B. Key Responsibilities:
1. Audit Planning
Develops an appropriate understanding of the defined scope, processes and systems
Assists in defining audit procedures as part of developing the control test plan, assessing audit risk, and completing the control objectives grid for assigned scope area
- Develops and applies an understanding of:
- flow charting to document business process cycles
- appropriate audit procedures
- proper sampling techniques
- accurately completing the audit finding template based on results
- completing work papers in accordance with accepted auditing standards
- Executes scope areas with defined requirements
- Executes control test plans for defined scope area
- Promptly informs the Supervisor and/or Manager of activities and possible issues/difficulties in meeting deadlines
- Discusses & reviews findings with audit team and auditee.
3. Report findings
Works with the Supervisor to ensure final documentation of audit findings are clear, concise and reflect an accurate representation of the scope area audited
Assists the Supervisor in assessing the internal control environment for the respective audit scope area
Finalizes audit work papers for approval by Supervisor
4. Follow-up and ensure closure of Management Action plan (MAP)
Develops an appropriate understanding of the progress monitoring process
Compiles the status updates for the MAP scorecard analysis
Communicate delayed map scorecard to the audit supervisor
- C. Job Specifications:
- D. Key Technical Competencies:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills
2. Good understanding of insurance operations, processes, risk and controls.
3. Knowledge of Audit analytical tools such as ACL and/or coding in MS access/ Excel
4. Demonstrate detail orientation, time management and transparent Approach
5. Confidence to interact with all levels of the organization
6. Willingness to travel
- E. Key Leadership Competencies
1. Demonstrates a Strong Moral Compass: Escalates information that could adversely affect PLI. Shows courage to take unpopular stand and unwavering commitment to high ethical standards and integrity.
2. Collaborates to Seize Opportunity: Effectively surfaces and resolves conflict. Understands other parts of the company and their broader initiatives.
3. Transforms Strategy into Action: Sets priorities and goals, maintains momentum and focus, even when faced with significant obstacles.
Salary: INR 6,00,000 - 8,00,000 PA.
Functional Area:Accounts, Finance, Tax, Company Secretary, Audit
Desired Candidate Profile
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
Pramerica Life Insurance Limited
In India, Pramerica Life Insurance Limited is a JV company of Prudential International Insurance Holdings, Ltd., a fully owned subsidiary of Prudential Financial, Inc.; which is a 140 year old corporation and has operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America; and DIL (DHFL Investments Limited). Prudential Financial, Inc. companies include The Prudential Insurance Company of America, one of the largest life insurance companies in the U.S. Its International Insurance segment manufactures and distributes individual life insurance, retirement and related products in countries such as Japan, Taiwan, Brazil and Argentina. Prudential Financial, Inc. also provides life insurance products for middle income and mass affluent markets across Japan, Mexico, and has joint ventures in Chile, China, Malaysia, India and Indonesia.
The Rock® symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Leveraging its heritage and life insurance expertise, Pramerica¢¢s diverse and talented employees are committed to helping individual and institutional customers with financial protection.
Pramerica Life Insurance is headquartered at Gurugram in India and has over 3000 employees. It proudly protects over 1.8 crore lives in India (as on September 2019) and is committed to cater to their customers¢¢ various financial protection needs such as securing their child¢¢s future, retirement planning, savings and wealth creation. The company¢¢s vision is to ensure that every life that it touches feels secure and enriched.
Pramerica Life Insurance has a pan India presence through multiple distribution channels which address specific insurance needs of diverse customer segments. It is committed to provide quality financial advice to its customers. It advises, guides and enables its customers to make informed insurance decisions that help them meet their life¢¢s short term and long term goals.
Interested to know more? Check the company¢¢s website at Pramericalife.in
Recruiter Name:Pooja Tiwari
Contact Company:Pramerica Life Insurance Limited